- 81257391 596949764454011 6861317470628610048 n
More of Andy’s service memorabilia including a photo of he and I together in Key Largo with the “Sea Urchin” single person submersible. When I saw this photo I got choked up because I didn’t realize Andy had kept it amongst his memoirs.(Photo courtesy Barbara Allen)
- 81258567 596949811120673 1117569663153209344 n
Jon Council with friend in Key Largo 1995
- 81364026 596949761120678 6874379196320186368 n
Some of Andy’s things at his celebration of life service including his three NOGI awards. (Photo courtesy of Barbara Allen)
- 81144833 596949834454004 1238205660886204416 n
The Trieste, history maker! January 23rd 1960 deepest dive ever, 35,800 ft or seven miles down.
- 81196632 596949931120661 8304547419773730816 o
- 81531311 596949801120674 5596854299545042944 n
Trieste crew honored with medals of merit, presented by president Dwight D. Eisenhower, February 1960
- 81096631 596949921120662 3073549266409488384 o
Project Nekton crew Dr. Andreas B. Rechnitzer & Trieste pilot Don Walsh who I was honored to take out in a small prototype sub.
- 81209600 596949884453999 9088374102275653632 o
- 81714432 596949987787322 7229361889761820672 o
Andy Rechnitzer’s project Nekton anniversary shirt at the ADHE
- 82213142 596949894453998 4092535140763303936 o
Prepping to take a few folks out on a small submersible off Catalina Island circa 1997. Andy with his service patch jacket.